You may want to ask a health care professional the following questions:
- What is a healthy weight or BMI for me?
- Will losing weight improve my general health, as well as specific health problems I have?
- Could any of my medical conditions or medications be causing weight gain or making it harder for me to lose weight?
- Are there any types or amounts of physical activity I should not do because of my health?
- What dietary approaches do you recommend I try or avoid?
Read more at: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/weight-management/choosing-a-safe-successful-weight-loss-program